Cameroon Football Federation has set strict measures for Championship clubs to follow in order to be eligible to play next season.
The country’s football governing body via a communiqué announced that Elite One and Two clubs must following these criteria.
- Have an approved training program for young players.
- Have a program for medical follow-up of players
- Have women teams
- Have a physiotherapist
- Have an official administrative secretary
- Be able to pay players’ salary solely through the banks
- Register all staff at the National Insurance Fund(CNPS). Elite One and Two clubs have been urged to respect these conditions as soon as possible in order to be eligible to participate in Cameroon top flight next season.
These measures have been welcomed by many who believe they will go a long way to improve the quality of Cameroon football.